Welcome to the academy of early childhood fitness and development
Your Child’s Future Begins Here!
Your child’s future has been our primary interest for more than 35 years. Over the 25 years, it has become clear that preschoolers, for proper physical development, need to feel “safe with movement.” Our gymnastic academy provides the vehicle in which children begin that journey.
We Believe In Instructed Physical Activity
- We know learning begins at very early ages
- We know children learn through play
- We know that children are naturally curious
- We know that physical activity leads to enhanced cognitive ability
- We know that physical activity leads to good grades
- We know a good foundation in movement leads to better performance in all sports
Our gymnastic Academy offers preschoolers that perfect blend of INSTRUCTION and PLAY within a FUN yet physically challenging setting. When you enroll in Christy’s, you receive a program which teaches your child to feel “safe with movement.” YOUR CHILDREN WILL LEARN IN A FUN SETTING WHILE ALWAYS UNDER THE WATCHFUL EYES OF OUR MOST CREDENTIALED STAFF.
The Wee Tumble Program (18 Mos.-3 Plus Yrs.)
WEE TUMBLE is a fun filled learning experience in which children and parents are true partners on the road to fitness and skill development. Each semester a skills chart is posted which provides parents with a class curriculum including skills, concepts and theme days. The WEE TUMBLE PROGRAM prepares students for the next step in their development —the JUNIOR GYM PROGRAM.
The Junior Gym Program (31/2 Years – 5 Plus Years)
Your preschooler is now ready to separate from you. In this program children take class independently, although parents may be close at hand in our viewing area. While your children are preschoolers, they progress through four levels of skills development preparing them for the GYM TIME PROGRAM.
Christy’s Recreational Gymnastics Program
Christy’s Gymnastics offers 6000 sq. feet of the finest gymnastics space available. Our clean, safe, fully equipped environment offers children 5 and half years and older, whether they are beginning gymnasts with little or no experience, or children who have received previous training, a highly qualified staff and small student/teacher ratios. With enjoyment as its prime objective, GYM TIME will enhance participant’s coordination, strength, flexibility and body awareness through supervised skill development received on all the Olympic apparatus. Full class schedule & fees can be found on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/christysgymnastics
- GYM TIME (ages 5 and a half to 8) –a one hour basic gymnastic class
- GYM TIME (ages 5 and a half and over) –a 1 and a half hour basic gymnastic class
- ADVANCED GYMNASTICS (ages 9 and over) –a 2 hr. class for those students who have mastered basic gymnastic skills.
- HIGH SCHOOL GYMNASTICS –a gymnastic program for the high school student
- CHEER and ACRO –please see our recreational program.
- RISING STARS – GIRLS, RISING STARS – BOYSa non-competitive program for girls and boys (ages 6-9) looking for that “little bit more.” RISING STARS meets twice per week.
The Competitive Program
Since 1984 Christy’s Gymnastics has trained many state, regional and national champions. Children who choose the competitive program are taught, not only the needed gymnastic skills, but also the dance, choreography and conditioning necessary to proudly represent themselves in the competitive arena. Children who take part in the competitive program progress in levels. Movement from one level to the next is at the coaches discretion based on achievement and skill development. CHRISTY’S GYMNASTICS IS A MEMBER OF USA GYMNASTICS.